Friday, March 27, 2009

Nothing Like a Deadline to Get Me Moving....

Seeing as how work is looming in my schedule starting Monday, I put the pedal to the metal the last couple of days to get the studio somewhat finished. It was a lot of work (and dust....and sneezing....) but it is almost there. I know it would not have gotten this far without all the help from Vyn who gave up a lot of time these past few days to assemble shelves and furniture and carry heavy boxes from the store to the car and then from the car to the house. Thank you honey!!!

So, without further ado, here it is:

Before...

After...


The two paintings in this shot are from the lovely and talented Anahata.

Before...


After...

Chris....this is your new bed when you come to visit!

Before...
After...

I still need to put the doors on the rest of these cabinets but they were out of stock at Ikea. The black doors here are actually glass and you can put your own artwork inside these or fabric. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to change the look without changing the furniture.

I want to get some bamboo shades for the windows and get art on the wall but, that aside, it is GREAT to have a place where I can think, relax and make art without the distraction of the giant mess that was my studio when I started this project.

In total:

  • 5 full garbage/recycle bins
  • 7 days of cleaning, sorting, keeping/tossing, moving, painting, resorting
  • 3 gallons of paint
  • 7 bottles of wine (I think)
  • Roughly $1,400 in furniture, storage, etc.
  • A couple of dozen Advil for sore muscles
  • A place to create - priceless!!
And I still have the weekend....