Hey, what would it be like if you turned out your lights and shut down your computer and television for an entire hour today? What if you did this at the same time as lots of other people in your time zone? Check out Earth Hour and see what the impact can be if you participate.
Here are 10 things you can do during the hour the lights are out:
- Light a few candles, pour a glass of wine and talk to someone you love.
- Charge up your iPod and put on the headphones and listen to some music.
- Have dinner by moon light.
- Have a party with your friends and play games by candle light.
- Charge your laptop and watch a movie on battery power (ok, this might be cheating a teeny, weenie bit).
- Make yourself a hot bath at 7:59 PM and enjoy a long and realxing soak.
- If you live some place warm, go for a moonlight walk.
- Make art by candle light. People actually used to this ALL the time before electricity!
- Go to bed early and get a good night's sleep.